For reasons due to COVID-19 compliance, we are asking all parents to please register your child again to start in Term 3. The current starting date is Tuesday 21st July 2020.
There are limited spots, so please register your child before Wednesday 15th July 2020.
We are very happy to be returning to a more normal state of community and excited about the prospect of seeing our students again. I’m sure many of you feel the same, even though there is a degree of uncertainty about exactly what the future holds.
As with schools, we will be implementing strict hygiene and physical (social) distancing measures at Gowola Homework Club and they will remain in place for the foreseeable future. These steps will ensure the safety of your children, staff and parents and we ask for your total co-operation.
- Please do not send your child to Gowola Homework Club if you or anyone in your family are unwell or have any of the following:
- Fever, Dry Cough, Sore Throat, Fatigue, Shortness of Breath, Loss of Sense of Smell
- You have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- You have had or have been in contact with a confirmed positive COVID-19 case in the last 21 days.
- Your child is in the high-risk category.
Note: the National COVID-19 Triage Hotline (24hrs) is 1800 020 080
- Physical Distancing
- In order to limit the number of people entering the building and congregating in the passageway we are asking parents not to escort their student inside but to drop them off at the door and to meet them there at the end of the session. Please do not bring extra people/children with you.
- If you need to talk to me or your child’s tutor, please email me rather than come in during tutoring time. We can organise a face-to-face meeting, if necessary.
- If your child is not catching the bus, please be on time to collect your child. We don’t want children waiting unnecessarily.
- Hygiene Measures
- Students will need to bring their own pencil case with pens/pencils/erasers/ruler so that they are not sharing these items.
- Students should also bring their own labelled water bottle as we will not be providing cups for the water dispenser.
- Students will have their temperature taken with a non-contact thermometer, at the beginning of each Gowola Homework Club session. If a child presents with a high temperature, we will ring their parents to collect them.
- Students will be required to wash their hands before entering a room and apply hand sanitiser at the end of each session.
- In between sessions, Gowola Homework Club staff will disinfect high-touch points such as doorknobs, chairs and bench tops.
These measures are being applied for the safety and comfort of all concerned. I trust that you understand and agree to abide by the measures we are taking to protect our students, staff and parents. If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to email me.